Saturday, June 16, 2012

Goodbye's!

The trip has come to an end! I am sitting here in Venice getting ready to start my own journey. I will have plenty of time to reflect on the past four weeks while traveling Europe for another three weeks.

Last night we went to our friend Roberto's house for dinner. We decided, or should I say the girls did, to cook our Italian friends a typical American meal. We had cheeseburgers, macaroni and cheese, cooked vegeatables and for dessert, apple pie with vanilla ice cream. We had a wonderful evening listening to music and spending our last night together. I was especially excited for my good buddy Alessandro came in to spend the last night with us. What a great friend he has become.

This morning I woke up early to see the girls off. We have become really close so it was rather an emotional goodbye. As amazing as this trip has been as far as sightseeing and vocational visits what I will remember the most is the friendships made. The girls and I became extremely close throughout the trip. I will also remember my new Italian friends Alessandro and Roberto. It can not be understated just how welcomed we were by our Italian rotary friends. I am confident I have met several friends for life through our Italian Rotary visits.

 Lastly, I would like to thank Rotary for an amazing four weeks. I have learned so much about Italy while on this journey. My mottos; ask questions and listen paid off. Thank You!


                                                                I have arrived in Venice!

                                                     My good buddies, Roberto and Alessandro




Sending the ladies off to the airport. I will miss our fun times together. Thanks Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment